Ballin21

Umbrella Rig wire

I haven’t used piano wire either. Interested in knowing what benefit there is in piano wire over the bright stainless, torsion straightened, corrosion resistant wire available from Barlow’s. Have used and made many harnesses from this wire with excellent results. Following with interest...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ballin21 said:

Picasso lures uses piano wire. Their rigs hold up.  Does anyone know what wire yum uses? 

One factor that any high volume manufacturer, the biggest factor probably, is cost. 

When you say their rigs hold up, how long can you fish one of their rigs, pull it up from a hang with 85 lb. power pro wrapped around a bass boat cleat using the troller multiple times a day, straighten it until one of the arms break? I’m just wondering how durable theirs is compared to what I make with stainless.

• Like 1

I'm using yums yumbrella flash mob that i've been using for 3 years & it's been hung & pulled out many times.  Definitley one of the best & durable mass produced a rigs out there.  I've made several with pin flags too & if they get bent you can straighten them back out easy enough & they're still going strong.

9 hours ago, Ballin21 said:

Link to the wire you use and any pictures of your rigs? 

This is what I use but also interested in this piano wire to see if it is in fact more durable. 

https://www.barlowstackle.com/AFW-HI-SEAS-Stainless-Steel-Coil-Wire-1Lb-Coil--P3184.aspx

theres also a brown camo if you don’t like the bright stainless.

https://www.barlowstackle.com/AFW-HI-SEAS-Stainless-Steel-Coil-Wire-1Lb-Coil-Brown-Camo-P3187.aspx

unfortunately, the pic of my Arigs exceeds the allowed upload limit. PM me and I could text a few to you.