muskiestalker51

Line tie

I've been fooling around with the line tie on the lip, but I see most drill 2 holes and bend the wire through them and bend towards the bait.  I have tried that method. What I'm looking for is just one wire with the line tie going through the bait.  I notice the loop seems a little to loose bending sideways. Any ideas on how to keep it stiff. Not sure if expoxy will hold it tight. MERRY  CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

I also use a one drilled hole method. Takes a little practice to get the feel, but effective. I Dremel a slot or groove in the back of my lip, ( the part that will be epoxied into the bait) put the line tie through the hole, bend and run line tie under bill and to the back of the bill snug to the bottom of bill, then another bend tight to the bill again, and the bend runs through the Dremel groove bent upwards and back toward the front of the bill. Once tight & snug to the bottom of bill and where you want it, I then cut off the access length of the wire and discard it and now the bill is ready to be installed with the line tie in it's place, if done properly the line tie will be very taught, snug and will stay in place nicely by itself. I hope that helps, and Merry Christmas as well. 

• Thanks 1

The bend is going to be very critical as well as the hole drilled below the lip slot, I've found between the size hole I drill in my lip, and the way or spot I bend my wire, I can still get a very nice fit to the bottom of the lip, it just  takes some practice. I would also make sure the hole drilled in bait below the lip was not to big as well. Best of luck, don't know much about Muskie Lures, but would like to see a few once you get them figured out.