Tiderunner

Angling AI Molds

Got my eyes on an Angling AI mold for 5" grub. Sale priced so reasonable. ON the homepage for their website is shows a 21-28 day lead time. Does this mean that mold is made one at a time, or is it a stock mold that can be sent out. Do I wait 3-4 weeks for my order?

Or does it mean its 21-28 days for custom molds. I figured I'd ask here first, cuz if their that busy I didn't know if an email would be answered.

Any other suggestions for a 5" grub mold supplier?

Thanks in advance.

You'll wait for your order from Angling A.I. but it is worth the wait. Their molds shoot very, very well. I own their 5" jerkbait and their 5.25" stickbait molds. I plan on buying every size of jerkbait they sell, plus their blood line swimbait, DR swimbaits, Stinger (4" and 3.25") and their kicker tail worms. I'll have to wait for each mold to be cut, but I'll do so gladly.

• Like 2

Place your order and you should have your hands on a mold in 5 weeks or less.    If not quick enough then buy elsewhere.   I don't see much difference in the mold makers so just order what I like the looks of.  Time... not an issue as always have been given a time frame on molds I have bought.  If it doesn't show I contact the credit card company and all good.

i have a couple molds from angling ai (2.75" double dipper tube, 2.75" little hammer swimbait) along with a c-block and tube cutter. all of his stuff is exceptional quality and josh has some great customer service. you will have to wait for your molds, but like others have said, its worth it, he makes some great stuff.

• Like 1

Josh is an excellent guy to deal with! His molds are top quality!!! At least he is telling you how long it will take. If you are concerned about the time send him an E-mail through his web site. He may be getting ready to cut that mold for someone else and can get to you sooner. 

Edited by raywillett

just to refresh the topic for those who have doubts, the molds are top class, very good, I ordered open molds 5" jerks, and it took 5 days from the date of order to the production floor, then another 4 days shipping to Poland, so fast :), best regards, @rybadnia 

• Like 1

Almost any good mold maker will have some kind of waiting period. Most make lure molds as a secondary line of business too. The last mold i bought from Josh had a three week waiting period & when it hit the line they sent a message stating that. Can't get much better than that in my opinion.

• Like 1

I have molds from 4 different companies.  Angling AI is no doubt the best molds I have used.  Worth the wait.  I ordered 3  different molds  2 weeks ago and they shipped today !  I am completely happy with them and will probably only use them in the future.

I ordered Sunday night. They sent a email at 4am Monday saying my molds was on the production floor. Shipped yesterday morning. Will be here tomorrow. ZERO current wait times. I was a little nervous with their relationship to dead on plastics. But so far so good. They're not plastic resellers anyway, so should be good stuff! I've always used the older companies. So I'll find out tomorrow. I'm excited to try them out.