finlander

Rotissiere motor

Hi. Back again. Every now and again I come up for air after swimming with the fishes. I don’t know how to swim.   Any how, looking for a dependable rotisserie motor that does 7-8 rpm. Mine is acting up and I can’t trust it for turning when there is something with Etex on it.  Thought you pros can suggest a brand. Don’t need it oer night. Can be shipped in. Thanks. The Finn 

I have only bought 2 and just picked up whatever the Lowe's had at the time.  They both have turned a lure or two over the past 14 years.  I don't think this is one  of those too critical of things to be honest or something to spend a lot of money on.   Something near 6 RPM is the fastest I would want to go and typically a little slower.   Etex never won me over and only did 30 to 40 lures with it.

Now that being said I do have a 1/3 HP Bodine motor with variable RPM control I picked up at work (we throw away some amazing stuff).  I was going to use it whenever mine stopped working.  

The two biggest problems with the grill motors is LOUDNESS and cheap construction.  

A bodine gearmotor is 100% silent... it will turn your hand off your wrist with torque. A faster speed can be run on a low voltage wall wart...and a switchable style wall wart can be used to change the speed as can a rheostat wired inline. 

They can be had for cheap...keep looking.  You will find them for $25 or less. 

Also one thing that I used to do was to drill the shafts and install a keyring at the end of the shaft. Then you can hook 20 or more baits at a time on it. I used to use Stanley 4" angles from Homies screwed to a piece of scrap wood to support every 4-5 lures and hook these end to end. I'd string them right across the shop between benches and use vise grips to hold the opposite end. 

Here is an example of one that will run on low voltage.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bodine-Gearmotor-32D5BEPM-W3/132733743604?epid=0&hash=item1ee78c31f4:g:Ev0AAOSwxHJbaMZe:rk:33:pf:0

This is an example of one you DONT want. The voltage rating is too high to step down at 14 rpm it would be about 1/2 rpm at low voltage. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bodine-Gearmotor-24D4BEPM-Z4-130-VDC-0-48-A-1-17-HP/132336856536?epid=1169968647&hash=item1ecfe42dd8:g:pYEAAOSw1KNZxD4G:rk:60:pf:0

The price on these has really jacked through the roof, this is all people trying to capitalize on makerbot stuff which wasnt around when I was using these. They did they same thing to cnc motors I used to buy on freakbay-someone figured out you could use them as windmill generators and the price went up 20x what they used to sell for. Crooks.