rawmilkcheese

Goby Head Vibrating Jig

First of all, this community of makers is incredible and I've learned so much trolling through the forums, so thanks to so many of you for contributing so much of your knowledge into this site.

IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SMALLJAW'S YOUTUBE CHANNEL WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING WITH YOUR LIFE. 

Alright, arse kissing aside...

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried using goby shaped heads for making vibrating jigs with the single split ring method. I've been making my vibrating jigs by hammering out the hook eyes of my poison tail jigs with a nail set and directly attaching the blades. It works OK... but on at least a couple occasions I've reeled in nothing but a blade. I don't know about you, but I'n not all that into donating hand poured, painted, and tied, hybrid skirted jigs made with all my damn love and attention to the bottom of the lake. I'm still getting comfortable throwing vibrating jigs in situations where I may have typically thrown a swim jig or spinnerbait. Instead of buying a new jig mold with flat eyes, I thought I would try buying a couple dozen of these flat eyed, 60' goby heads (while they are on sale) and trying them out. 

image.png.3e1b3f017da7dc6e98937d384bf45137.png

I think the head would be fine but I too would prefer a ring collar to get some flair out of the skirt.  I've made them a lot of different ways and I actually prefer using the flat eye hook and single split ring blade attachment. I get a lot more erratic action that way and I found a head style that I like so much I stopped using other head styles. It is the Trokar Pro Swim Jig,  I like the 3/8oz and 1/2oz the best, it swims erratic at higher speeds without blowing out compared to round and football shaped heads. I know you don't want to get a new mold but I'm sure a lot of guys here can pour you some at a reasonable price.

Thanks smalljaw. I haven't been all that pleased with bending out the hook eye so I am definitely looking to go with the flat eye, one split ring method moving forward. I've read about your admiration of that particular TK jig in other posts. Thanks for the input (and the continued inspiration through your YouTube videos).