NMELO

Table rock Shad Pattern - Lucky Craft

1 hour ago, Tally said:

Hughsey would be the right one to answer that question.  Maybe he will see this and help you. or send him a message

Ok Tally,

I hope so !

I want paint it in my lures,  and i don´t know the right colors to use  to make the body pattern !

Thanks

Nuno

Well its a copy of my original table rock shad but I'll give it a shot. I use lacquer paint and I know most don't so I'll just use general color names.

1. cover white entire lure.

2. mix white with a small amount of chartreuse  for sides.

3. mix deep violet with a small amount of red.

4. pearl white belly.

5. black dot.

• Thanks 3

Usually Table Rock has more Chart to the sides. 

Hughesy is on the right track but that may give more of a bone color.

Hard to see how yellow sides actually are from pic.

Maybe ....

white base

all Pearl white

Very light dusting coat of transparent yellow or iridescent yellow over pearl white

Back pearl plum

Here is what I think of more traditional TR shad

https://www.spro.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SMS110TRS

Here is Livingston with chart on upper sides.

https://www.livingstonlures.com/products/j121c-purple-hitch

Edited by MonteSS
  • Thanks 1

He was talking how to paint the LC Table Rock.   Hughesy may have painted one or two  Table Rock Shad over the time as everyone has their knockoff of his.

Everyone has their interpretation of his color pattern.  

Here is an old post of his from 2004.

First of all let me thank you for the nice compliments. As far as my "create your own colors page", I did try using my own colors but they didn't look right because of places like where the back color faded into the side of the baits looked real funky, the color of the paint behind the scale pattern would show up and many other issues I came across. It was a real pain. I just put that page on there for the fun of it. I doubt if anyone uses it to really design colors all though I have received many orders with the little pictures as a sample. I might change it around if I every get time to play around with it. As far as it increasing my orders, its killing me the way it is now. We are running about 5 to 6 weeks on deliveries of orders as we speak with no end in sight. On patenting colors schemes, I don't think its possible because you could add 2 drops of white to any color and barely change the color but I'm sure in a court of law it would be considered a new color even though it matches your to a T. If you notice that most of the Big Boys that copy my stuff do not get the colors right. Lucky Crafts Table Rock Shad is a real faded chartreuse and almost a flat purple, Normans Sour Grape has purple flake and the they to can't get the right purple and chartreuse. The same with Pradco's Mark Menendez line. All of those colors are a copies of mine but they just can't get the colors tint right. Plus the quality of their work could use some help. Thanks again clemmy for the great ideas but I'm just gonna stay right where I'm at and just keep on shootin that paint.

Edited by Travis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just so happens that today I got a group of misc jerkbaits with a tackle box I bought. One of them happens to be an LC Pointer 100sp in the color you show :)

The sides have VERY slight tint of yellow/bone. Really not even noticeable. Chin and tail bottom have a faint redish pink splash on them.

Let me know if you want me to take pics.

Hi, Monte SS

Please show it, i like to see your lure color !

I think, this lucky craft Table Rock Shad color want  to paint, have several years, are not the actual lucky craft table rock shad color !

Like you said MonteSS,  the side colors  i have to paint equal,  i think have a pattern between White bone+Lime Green and a light blue  ??????

If anyone know how to do it, i appreciate !

Thanks

Nuno

Hi MonteSS,

The mine, have sides more light blue,i think  (base white+yellow+lime pearl …  from createx), but i haven´t sure ????

Continue searching a help for know the right color to mix, to obtain this pattern ??? 

Thanks

Nuno