Les Young

Bait PLastics Medium Baitjunkys Blend Plastisol

One thing it is not is remotely close to  what  Leonard sold . It being advertised as baitjunkys blend you'd think it was the exact same thing & it definitely isn't.  I'ts a lot softer &  baits are very stretchy.  The baits made with it also puts off a lot of oil. I don't like adding hardner, but feel i'll have to with this plastic. I bought they're 6 gallon deal with 4 gallons being medium which i thought was the best all around grade  to make the majority of baits with & 2 gallons being hard to make tubes with. If  the medium is any indication of firmness compared to the hard then it will be way to soft for me.  I'm sure lot of folks will really like it, but  i'm not very impressed with it for my personal use so far. This is just my personal opinion, but calling it baitjunkys blend is misleading because  there's no comparison in my eyes.  I'll use it until it's gone, but If i'd known it wasn't the  exact same  i wouldn't have ordered it .  The price is great though.

Edited by Les Young
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Les Young said:

One thing it is not is remotely close to the medium that  Leonard sold. I"ts a lot softer & seems to put off a lot of oil Bait's are way softer & don't think they'll be nearly as durable. Colors seems to look real nice with it, but i've only made darker colors too. Baits seem to be  awfully strechy with it too which is something im not use to.  I've used several different plastics, but lureworks & baitjunkys that Leonard sold have been my favorites by far & baits made with them didn't stretch nearly as much . If theres any comparisons between bait plastics medium & hard then i'll be going back to lureworks because i bought 2 gallons of there hard expecting it to be the same  exact thing baitjunkys sold since it's advertised as baitjunkys blend.  It's definitely not  baitjunkys by far in my opinion.

That's because Leonard sold Calhoun plastic, Polysol tried to "reverse engineer" the plastic because Calhoun wouldn't sell to them (obviously) Sounds like it didn't work. 

Fringe Tackle is selling Calhoun whenever they get it in. 

I have used about a gallon of the “bj blend” and I like it. When I placed my order for 6 gallons (5 original baitjunkys medium and 1 hard) they called me and said they couldn’t get the baitjunkys from the supplier and they were working on a new blend, that was very similar to it. So I had them send a sample along with my gallon of hard baitjunkys. I figured I would make white with it to see how it held up, after 6 reheats you couldn’t tell the difference between the original heat and the last reheat. I also haven’t noticed it being oily at all, all of the baits I have made with it since October are dry still.

i might try another plastic when I run out of the stuff I have left, but it’s good stuff IMO.

• Like 1

As you can see i went back & editied my post. In all honesty i was a little aggravated when i wrote it. However I was expecting the same thing Leonard sold & in my opinion it's no comparison.  I shot  identical molds 1 basstackle baby brush hog in both baitjunkys & bait plastics  medium hardness  & an enforcer beaver style bait in each at the same time with a buddy & he immediately noticed the differences too.   The baits made with bait plastics medium  are softer, spongier( as in a hollow feeling bait), stretchier by far& gave off a lot of oil. Personally i like the baitjunkys (calhouns) that Leonard sold & i like Lureworks just as good as it, but in my opinion there's a lot of difference in the bait plastcs blend. If the hard is any comparison to  the medium when it comes to firmness then i'm not going to like it either.  Hopefully it isn't. I know lots will like it, but  compared to what i'm use to it's a lot different. I'll use it until it's gone, but i'll have to think hard about reordering. Maybe i'm a stickler  about it i don't know.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Les Young said:

As you can see i went back & editied my post. In all honesty i was a little aggravated when i wrote it. However I was expecting the same thing Leonard sold & in my opinion it's no comparison.  I shot  identical molds 1 basstackle baby brush hog in both baitjunkys & bait plastics  medium hardness  & an enforcer beaver style bait in each at the same time with a buddy & he immediately noticed the differences too.   The baits made with bait plastics medium  are softer, spongier( as in a hollow feeling bait), stretchier by far& gave off a lot of oil. Personally i like the baitjunkys (calhouns) that Leonard sold & i like Lureworks just as good as it, but in my opinion there's a lot of difference in the bait plastcs blend. If the hard is any comparison to  the medium when it comes to firmness then i'm not going to like it either.  Hopefully it isn't. I know lots will like it, but  compared to what i'm use to it's a lot different. I'll use it until it's gone, but i'll have to think hard about reordering. Maybe i'm a stickler  about it i don't know.

PM sent .