LifeofRiley

High quality round nose pliers

Welcome to TU. I think I know you for another site, (TT)? Are you the guy asking about reel cleaning and bearings? Anyway, on the wire, I think you mean .031 not .31.  The latter decimal is 5/16" thick, and you are definitely not bending that by hand. Anyway, I am a big fan of Wiha tools, and I have a pair of their round nose pliers. German made and made very well. They are available pretty much everywhere on line. You can even buy them direct from Wiha.

Edited by cadman
  • Like 1

The tip dia of the 22-01-125 is 1.8mm  slightly smaller than the -160 at 2mm. Check the spec sheet to make sure. It will make a slight difference in the size of the end loops you can bend with it. I have the 160 and sometimes would like to be able to make a little tighter/smaller ends while working smaller spinners. Just a preference. Plus I build for larger fish using heavier wire. 

Just to follow up correction on the  tip size for the 125 is 2mm  the 140-2.5  the160-3mm.    Noticed that Schmitz tools have a round nose that starts at 1.8mm German made but a little more pricey. On there web site model 4331HS22 is on sale for $37 . For the most part I have never heard of anyone using them but looks like a good product.