rhahn427

Making airbrushing paints

I would try Createx transparent base.  It works for me with both Hi Lite powder and Gonation powder.

If your airbrush won't shoot it, you can brush it on, after being sure your paint is dry and hard, and then use a hair dryer to set it, too.  I use a well loaded brush, so I don't have to repeatedly stroke it to get good coverage.

55 minutes ago, rhahn427 said:

Thanks Mark.  I bought the transparent base but it is cloudy until it is sprayed.  Is there a clear one that I can mix until I get the color I want.  Most of the dyes are pearls with highlights.

It's been a while since I had any, but Createx clear gloss may be clearer.  Just be sure to clean your airbrush well after shooting it.  It is much stronger/harder to clean than their paints, and will lock you needle into your airbrush if you're not careful.

I mix different powders into createx matte clear. Yes the paint is cloudy but it dries clear as can be. 

Another option may be thinned down cs seal coat. Its water based and can be thinned with tap water. I'm not sure how thin you can get it, never tried to get it thin enough to shoot.