mark poulson

Degassed plastisol

I have been pouring my own baits for a while now, and I am wondering if the plastisol Bear and Caney Creek used to sell were degassed.

I never had any problems with them.  

Maybe ignorance is bliss, or maybe they were both degassed, or of a different formula.  Or maybe degassing isn't that important.

Does anyone here know if those brands were degassed, or of a different formula that didn't require degassing?

7 hours ago, mark poulson said:

I have been pouring my own baits for a while now, and I am wondering if the plastisol Bear and Caney Creek used to sell were degassed.

I never had any problems with them.  

Maybe ignorance is bliss, or maybe they were both degassed, or of a different formula.  Or maybe degassing isn't that important.

Does anyone here know if those brands were degassed, or of a different formula that didn't require degassing?

Caney creek wasn't. Bear wasn't degassing anything, his BBCP was LureWorks Pourasol and was degassed at their plant before they ship. 

Calhoun hast changed, LureWorks hasn't changed much as long as I've used it. 

• Thanks 1

I'm gonna some this up for everyone really quick.

People expected the cheapest ass product they could and still wanted to complain. So we started degassing pre shipping. It is exactly the same plastic. this allowed us when people cried about bubbles to say, you should have bought degassed then.  Most every plastic is mixed under a vacuum, science says if you don't do this your going to whip air into it. Now this also has many dependencies on viscosity. Aka lurecraft to my knowledge does not degass, but there product being a good product for most, don't misinterpret my words, has a very thin viscosity, aka settles fast. So it can mix easily without degassing. same goes for lureworks, it to has a thin viscocity. reason they can sell it under injectasol easily not degassed... There suspendasol, now is like mayonnaise, Reason you guys cant use it effectively as you cant mix it without whipping in air very easily. Now you have moisture, looks just like air, acts like air etc. Degasser will also extract moisture, I sure hope this clears some air without any feelings being hurt. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1