killingham21

Unsalted Plastics

Just wanna start by saying this is more of a rant. So I'm fishing an ice fishing tournament in Alaska and the lake its held on has pretty strict regulations. Only unscented artificial lures that  have one single hook can be used per the Alaska Department of Fish and Game. My problem is the unscented part. I understand it but in the tournament the people running it decided to interpret unscented as no scents or salt of any kind. So now I have to find soft plastics that that are unscented and unsalted which I have found very difficult. Finding unscented isn't that hard its the no salt that is the difficult part, most companies put salt in the packaging just simply as a preservative. I think I'm going to give fish and game a call and see what there definition of unscented is because its not in the definition part of the regs. In the mean time, do you think simply washing off salt from standard soft plastics that aren't impregnated with anything be a useable option?