wootonc

matzuo hooks

Does anyone know where we can find Matzuo sickle jig hooks I think the number is 9014 90 degree bend. 1/0 2/0 3/0 seems everywhere I look no one has them. Also would be willing to find a different brand of a sickle hook bought some eagle claw but the gap wasnt as wide as the Matzuo. Thanks

I also heard they went out of business, I bought some from killer_jigs on eBay, and he had some left the last I looked, but they were the bronze, not black nickel. I bought 2000 1/0 and 1000 1 and I think 200 2/0.  Wish I had gotten more 2/0 as I’m making my own tubes now so will need a tube jig mold too!

(I just checked and he has 100 packs of black nickel in most sizes and 1000 in bronze and red in some sizes)

Edited by Canga~

1 hour ago, hpssports said:

Only place I've been able to find them is Ebay. Been using the "Lil Nasty" for my Ned Heads but they're not near as sharp as the Matzuo.

There is the Mustad 32500 Skip jack hook,  it is a sickle style hook with a little more rounded bends but it works the same way. 

I think the Eagle Claw Lil Nasty is as sharp if not sharper and the wire is stronger. I also went through more than 2000 of those hooks and didn't have a bad one, I could get a 100 pack of the Matzuo sickles without having 20 bad ones. I also think the difference in gap is too small to make any kind if difference and I haven't experienced any increase of missed fish. I can say that it does hold just as good, it is the one hook that I haven't lost any fish on, if it is hooked the only way it gets off is the hook or line breaks, I haven't had any Lil Nasty hooks break but I have had Matzuo sickles break. If you are sold on the Matzuo then check Barlow's, they might have some left but I doubt anyone gives refunds or replacements for the bad ones now so you are kind of stuck with them.