Jump to content
normans

What mold do i use?

Recommended Posts

 SPJ-3-ATK  Do-It Trokar Pro Swim Jig Mold. Pour without the weedguard and use one split ring and you're good to go. The completed bait would look similar to the attached pic below. If you have any questions about the construction feel free to ask.

DSC_0542.thumb.JPG.840433fee3fcf55f82730db1cbc346c4.JPG

Edited by cadman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cadman  could I ask what size split rings would I need to have for the best action.  Do the chatter blades come in different sizes if so what size provide the best action.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can use the Sparkie head but I'm in agreement with Cadman and Jig Man. I like the Trokar Pro Swim Jig as well, it comes down to how you want to attach the blade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already have that mold so that is a good thing , one of my problems is that there are so many sizes of things like split rings and blades and duo lock snaps that you have to get . I some how almost always buy the wrong size and get something you would use to catch a great white shark  not a Black bass ! Thank you for your help I am down here in Texas  living the dream !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, normans said:

I already have that mold so that is a good thing , one of my problems is that there are so many sizes of things like split rings and blades and duo lock snaps that you have to get . I some how almost always buy the wrong size and get something you would use to catch a great white shark  not a Black bass ! Thank you for your help I am down here in Texas  living the dream !

 

Normans,

    BTW welcome to TU. Give me about and hour, and I will get you the split ring size and  snap lock size that I use . Just and FYI, You can use whatever you want. On the blades, I've only seen them in one size, with and without bubbler holes. However I remeber seeing a blade for a musky chatter that was bigger, but don't remember where. You can get the blades, split rings, lock snaps and blade decals from LPO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normans,

    This is what I use:

#2 Duo-lock Snap

#2 Split Ring

For the hooks, I use Eagle Claw  EL 2706. The reason being is these hooks have a bigger hook eye, that lets the split ring move freely in there. In the 1/4 oz a 4/0 will fit, in the 3/8 oz a 5/0 will fit and in the 1/2 oz a 5/0 and a 6/0. These are very heavy strong hooks.

Edited by cadman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe you can find different sizes of blades at Barlow's.  I think they call them shakey blades or something like that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cadman said:

 SPJ-3-ATK  Do-It Trokar Pro Swim Jig Mold. Pour without the weedguard and use one split ring and you're good to go. The completed bait would look similar to the attached pic below. If you have any questions about the construction feel free to ask.

DSC_0542.thumb.JPG.840433fee3fcf55f82730db1cbc346c4.JPG

 

That bait looks great.

 

I use the Do-It sparkie head mold myself as it is the closest to the original as I can get.

 

Allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer the Trokar Pro Swim jig.  I have made about 10 different style heads including ones mentioned above. I have no reason to try and make one just like the original.  They make 5 versions for a reason, They still have not perfected it...  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted to show how well the chatter bait came out. The information you all gave me was spot on I think it turned out real good, as you can see in the picture I sent !  

IMG_0883.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 12:40 PM, cadman said:

 SPJ-3-ATK  Do-It Trokar Pro Swim Jig Mold. Pour without the weedguard and use one split ring and you're good to go. The completed bait would look similar to the attached pic below. If you have any questions about the construction feel free to ask.

DSC_0542.thumb.JPG.840433fee3fcf55f82730db1cbc346c4.JPG

You are a magician!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mark poulson said:

You are a magician!

 

Mark,

That can't be true. Because if I was a magician, I would be able to load up the boat with fish and become a professional fisherman.  Maybe my "Magical" jigs aren't really that magical. :(:(:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, normans said:

I just wanted to show how well the chatter bait came out. The information you all gave me was spot on I think it turned out real good, as you can see in the picture I sent !  

IMG_0883.JPG

Very nice looking bait, glad everything worked out for you. Now you're hooked and you will stimulate the economy by buying more and more and more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...
Top