BuckeyeFishing

Florescent Pink?

Last night I was making a florescent pink plastic to use for 2 tone baits and to use as a tail color for grubs and swim baits. I have the florescent pink from Netcraft and after I made some test baits, it came out looking more like a watermelon Jolly Rancher color. Do I need to add more colorant or should I just get a different florescent/hot pink from Lureworks or Lurecraft? I only made a 4 oz batch and put 20 drops in.

Thanks,

Jake

Thanks everyone,

I will try a new batch and add the colorant first. I don't dislike the color that came out and might be good for a crappie bait but I was just looking for a more true florescent pink color for walleye/sauger baits. 

If people have more success adding before heating, why do all the florescent colors tell you to add after heat? I am pretty new at this, so I am not doubting anyone, I am just wondering for my own learning purposes.

Thanks again!

You migth also try to use powder paint.

I use something they call polyester powder but i guess it is the same as powderpaint.

It really take reheats well.

But if you try this make sure to mix the paint in a litle bit of plastic before you add the rest of the plastic.

I use one of my retired artist brushes for this.

3 hours ago, BuckeyeFishing said:

Thanks everyone,

I will try a new batch and add the colorant first. I don't dislike the color that came out and might be good for a crappie bait but I was just looking for a more true florescent pink color for walleye/sauger baits. 

If people have more success adding before heating, why do all the florescent colors tell you to add after heat? I am pretty new at this, so I am not doubting anyone, I am just wondering for my own learning purposes.

Thanks again!

Not sure where you read about adding colors after but it does matter who you buy your colors from. With Spikeit colors I can add after. All others at least for fluorescents add before or they might say coagulate and not mix in well. With Spikeit floresent pink I use 30ccs to 4 cups plastic. It turns out a pretty opaque color. So my opinion is you have not used nearly enough. One note all colors are not created the same so this will work for this brand of color.  Others will be way different. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BuckeyeFishing said:

Thanks everyone,

Thanks again!

So many things have changed since I poured, but I always read that all flo colors need to be added to cold plastic. 

• Like 1