robbor

Diy mold frames

11 hours ago, dog1660 said:

Just wondering what material do you use to make the mold itself??? And I assume it is for pouring lead. I have made some molds myself using bondo but is tends to break away with time.

It’s just white hi temp silicone for spincasting from a spin casting mfr. I bought a 12” round and just cut it up. There is a place on eBay that sells blue Nicem silicone that is easily avail.  Place ships out of florida. They don’t se

the company is waymil on eBay that carried the blue nicem. If u contact them they will list on eBay w free shipping I believe

you should be fine using any real hi-temp spin casting silicone. A premium jewelry silicone should work also . Castaldo gelato should work good and what ever the white castaldo silicone is should also be good. These silicones will prob give you 1,000 good casts. 

Its no comparison to pop molds at all. These r professional silicone. You just put mica powder wher u want the mold to separate. 

I have even done runners/gates so small that when the jig is cast there is just a tiny lead wire left to cut or separate. But I do use a home made bottom pour pot and it injects like a dream

50B5A79C-1A72-4637-B12F-B3A94363FFA4.png

Edited by robbor
Spelling

I would guess I’d come out with better quality and durability molds with the silicones I mentioned. It does a great job. And if u see how tlyouncut lil pieces to put around the hook shanks? After it vulcanized u slice those with your scalpel and they r now pop in hook keepers.