Jump to content
frinkha

Source for Lead Jigs

Recommended Posts

Hello, 

I'm looking for sources of lead jigs. I'm specifically interested in the styles you see in the attached picture. I know a gentleman that produces these, but cannot justify the price he is charging.  Any advice or guidance you have is appreciated. 

Lead Jigs.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, frinkha said:

Hello, 

 I know a gentleman that produces these, but cannot justify the price he is charging.

 

Not to sound arrogant, as many people know me on this board and know that I'm not like this, but I always wonder why someone would get a beautiful product, the way they want it, custom made and then say that a custom pourer is charging too much. My first response to something like that is. Well then pour them yourself and see how much time and money you would have to invest in it. Anyway all that aside, the top two jigs are a custom mold and the bottom is pretty standard. The sickle hook in the bottom pic is no longer available as they "Matzuo" are out of business. However there are alternate hooks similar to the hook shown.  The person above my post "dlaery" will take good care of your custom needs on the three jigs you have shown. Good Luck.

 

BTW welcome to TU.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 6:45 AM, cadman said:

Not to sound arrogant, as many people know me on this board and know that I'm not like this, but I always wonder why someone would get a beautiful product, the way they want it, custom made and then say that a custom pourer is charging too much. My first response to something like that is. Well then pour them yourself and see how much time and money you would have to invest in it. Anyway all that aside, the top two jigs are a custom mold and the bottom is pretty standard. The sickle hook in the bottom pic is no longer available as they "Matzuo" are out of business. However there are alternate hooks similar to the hook shown.  The person above my post "dlaery" will take good care of your custom needs on the three jigs you have shown. Good Luck.

 

BTW welcome to TU.

Seeing as we are in the start up phases of our business, we are looking for product that is cost effective. I can't justify paying almost 23 cents for an unpainted lead jig when I can get tungsten overseas for the same price (or even cheaper). We've since found a company that is able to pour similar product for 6 to 8 cents a piece. This will suffice until we are able to purchase our own equipment.  I'm merely my husband's secretary who is in charge of research and finding quality product at the cheapest rate...There's a big learning curve for women in the fishing industry.  :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top one is a moon glow, lure parts online has them unpainted for cheap. Middle is either a 4mm or 5mm tungsten jig, hard to find this time of year but run about $1-$1.20 ea now on ebay in USA. $0.50-0.75 if you buy from china, long wait though. Bottom looks to be a custom mold, never seen one like it. 

Edited by BBK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frinkha said:

Seeing as we are in the start up phases of our business, we are looking for product that is cost effective. I can't justify paying almost 23 cents for an unpainted lead jig when I can get tungsten overseas for the same price (or even cheaper). We've since found a company that is able to pour similar product for 6 to 8 cents a piece. This will suffice until we are able to purchase our own equipment.  I'm merely my husband's secretary who is in charge of research and finding quality product at the cheapest rate...There's a big learning curve for women in the fishing industry.  :) 

 

Well congratulations on your start-up business. Yes there is a big learning curve in the fishing industry for women, however I would not let that stop you. My wife is my tournament partner for the bass tourneys we do, and she can hold her own . All women really need is someone to take the time to show them the ropes and many learn really well. I will tell you this, fishing with her is easier than fishing with some guys. All she does is get in the boat and fish. Anyway good luck on your new business.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...
Top