Jimmyjigs

Combing Hair

8 hours ago, Jimmyjigs said:

How does everyone go about combing out hair and fash materials to tame them. Jimmyjigs

You're not going to comb out flash material, it will get caught and break off.  As far as combing out hair, it usually doesn't need it, there are combs made but they are mostly underfur and dubbing combs. You could go to a pet store and buy a large size flea comb and it will do the same thing but again,  the only things I heard of being combed out is craft fur and dubbing.

• Like 1

Loon Outdoors Ergo Fly Comb is suppossed to be for big synthetic streamers when they get tangled.  Not sure if it is helpful for what you're working with.

I keep my flash material, like krystal flash, in the original bags and cut a little corner off.  I pull the strands I need through that corner and it keeps things from getting tangled.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, smalljaw said:

You're not going to comb out flash material, it will get caught and break off.  As far as combing out hair, it usually doesn't need it, there are combs made but they are mostly underfur and dubbing combs. You could go to a pet store and buy a large size flea comb and it will do the same thing but again,  the only things I heard of being combed out is craft fur and dubbing.

Smalljaws, I do indeed comb flash materials with a man's comb or small wire brush. It takes some patience but using the side of the comb where the teeth are further apart it eventually combs through.  I mostly do this after changing the flash color with a permanent marker.I use the wire brush on the craft fur and the results are special. Hope you didn't think this was a trick question. Appreciate your experience,Jimmyjigs