ddl

custom creative paint

hey guys

im looking for someone that got the luck or the bad luck to work with custom creative paint with an airbrush .there is not a lot of ready to use solvent based paint out there and would like to know if that brand is good,and if the smell is really horrible .here is the link https://spraygunner.com/custom-creative-paints/

tks for any info

bob i said that i prefer paint that got unnatural colors in their lineup .maybe im wrong but i think taxidermist paint are not doing anything like the needed paint to paint let,s say a firetiger .btw when they said solvent does that basically mean everything that is not water or it,s a particular product like urethane ?

On 2/16/2019 at 3:42 PM, ddl said:

bob i said that i prefer paint that got unnatural colors in their lineup .maybe im wrong but i think taxidermist paint are not doing anything like the needed paint to paint let,s say a firetiger .btw when they said solvent does that basically mean everything that is not water or it,s a particular product like urethane ?

There are 2 types of paint.

Water Base and Solvent Base. There are several types of solvent base paints. Some thin with Mineral Spirits / some thin with Lacquer Thinner/ some will thin with Toluene/some thin with Xylene.

A water based paint like Auto Air/Wicked - etc has polyurethane or acylic resin dissolved in low -VOC solvent which is then suspended in water. 

I took a look at the website you posted a link too and couldn't find any information regarding any thinner they would offer for the solvent based product.  If you have already purchased some of the paint from the spraygunner site then try to thin it with laquer thinner or contact the company and ask them if they offer a thinner. If you have not purchased the product yet I would still contact the company and ask about a thinner.

Regards,

Blades     

• Like 1