leviathon

Propionate users?

21 hours ago, bladesandbaits said:

I need to get on the ball and find more. Roger Gruvso (Swede) God rest his sole, sent me a great amount of it years ago. 

I use it when I'm repairing and reserecting old wood lures for people. The stuff Roger sent me is really good quality I know it won't last forever ..... 

Yes, that was primo stuff Swede sent some of us. I still have a couple of paulownia baits that i sealed with it. I have searched for it not so long ago but I need to resurrect my efforts.

• Like 1

I could never get Propionate here years back, so I used to dissolve cheap reading glass lenses in lacquer thinners    ( Acetone is quicker).

With thinners it takes about 3 days to dissolve, if the lenses are broken up. These plastic lenses are made of a form of  propionate which is very clear, and hard!!

I eventually was sent a 1 pound bag of granulated Prop by ''PhilB''  about 10 years back, still have a small amount here somewhere.

A little bit goes a long way, 4-6 lenses dissolved would make a pint of lacquer - also it needs to be agitated a few times per day until it is dissolved.

Pete.

Edited by hazmail
corrections