CollinW22

Manufacturer Clear Coat?

Bingo !! Many also use UV cured clears. These are much better. However they are cured by UV lights.  It's expensive if you do it right. One of the most overlooked parts is the UV bulbs themselves. Their intensity degredates over time of use. Even though they come on, their original intensity is not there.  The quality of the bulbs that you use is important. Unless you are doing a high volume of baits at a time it may not be worth the investment.

Skeeter

I have tried many clear coats over time but for me  I have always come back to etex for musky baits and KBS for dipping the bass baits.

So that's all I use now, tired of chasing clear coats  which there is no magic one. The high producers are set with what works for them

because of consistency  for there product and that's what I do now.  No more experimenting YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne

Interesting topic. I agree with BBK on lack of durability. I didn’t know what lure manufacturers use, but one of the reasons that I started finishing my own baits is that I got tired of having the finish wear off a name brand bait after a few fish. I have been painting baits for a year and have been pleased with the results. In fact, I caught over forty bass on a single top water bait, before it was broken off.  The finish was just starting to get marred.