TwistedLargemouth

Just Getting Started!

First of all you have to decide if you are going to use powder paint for jigs and spinnerbaits or are you going to use Createx or lacquer paint:

Powder paint : You heat the jig , swish thru powder paint , bake the jig and you're done.

Createx: Is a water based paint. You will probably need to use primer, then paint  and you must clear coat otherwise the paint will wash off.

Lacquer Paint:  You can use either an air brush or spray cans. Primer, paint and you're probably done. Maybe clear coat for durability. If you use lacquer, you must have very good ventilation. The fumes are bad for your lungs.

That's about as simply put as I can tell you. Naturally there is a lot more to it than that. You need to decide which way you want to go.

Edited by cadman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cadman said:

First of all you have to decide if you are going to use powder paint for jigs and spinnerbaits or are you going to use Createx or lacquer paint:

Powder paint : You heat the jig , swish thru powder paint , bake the jig and you're done.

Createx: Is a water based paint. You will probably need to use primer, then paint  and you must clear coat otherwise the paint will wash off.

Lacquer Paint:  You can use either an air brush or spray cans. Primer, paint and you're probably done. Maybe clear coat for durability. If you use lacquer, you must have very good ventilation. The fumes are bad for your lungs.

That's about as simply put as I can tell you. Naturally there is a lot more to it than that. You need to decide which way you want to go.

I Have already decided i'll be using lacquer paint ant I also have an airbrush and a small air compressor all I need is paint thinner, tha toxic gas final coat stuff, and the stuff to clean the airbrush. But thank you I had no idea there was a way to do it with powder paint. is there anything else I should know as in do's and donts?

1 minute ago, TwistedLargemouth said:

I Have already decided i'll be using lacquer paint ant I also have an airbrush and a small air compressor all I need is paint thinner, tha toxic gas final coat stuff, and the stuff to clean the airbrush. But thank you I had no idea there was a way to do it with powder paint. is there anything else I should know as in do's and donts?

I pretty much powder paint all of my jigs as it is the easiest. Pour, paint, bake, done.  Maybe someone else will give you some tips painting with lacquer. Good Luck.