Jimmyjigs

Whip Finish

Jigman,Cadman,Had a fellow tier who tied the whip finish by hand so fast it was impossible for me to ever learn it.Almost hard to see it! Unfortunately I finish heads with 2 modified half hitches that go around 4 times instead of just one. Never had any come apart but, if I don't really cinch them up a whisp of thread can stick out which has to be clipped.Might buy the tool.Thanx.

When I was tying a lot of bucktails I got to the point that I could tie  two dozen an hour start to finish.  I had one guy who placed a 90 dozen order every year and I had a deadline when he ordered.  I do at least 10 whips per head and several more at the end of the chenille before gluing.

• Like 1

When tying small jigs, like hair jigs and such I whip finish, I got use to a hand whip finish but when my hands hurt, I go right to my tool

when I tie jigs with rubber skirts, I catch a loop, which is just a modified half hitch, it real secure too,  what ever way you go, just learn to do it right, it's so important, you really can't go wrong

• Like 1