Ryan V

Need help with clear coat on ice fishing luers

I've started making ice fishing lures lately and I've had several of my lures clear coats crack on me when I'm fishing. I'm guessing that its the cold that's making them crack so what I'm wondering is if any of you guys have had something like this happen and what kind of epoxy or resin I should buy that wouldn't crack. I'm fairly new to lure making and I have been using a 30min epoxy from Tracker supply for my clear coats.

Any help would be great thanks  

Ryan

Try Clear Plasti-Dip.

Dried coat temp use range -30° to 200°F.

It does not chip or peel. Similar in appearance to flexible vinyl, and is resistant to abrasion, cutting, and marring. Just dip the item to be coated in Plasti Dip® and let dry in the air-no heat required.

51 minutes ago, fshng2 said:

Try Clear Plasti-Dip.

Dried coat temp use range -30° to 200°F.

It does not chip or peel. Similar in appearance to flexible vinyl, and is resistant to abrasion, cutting, and marring. Just dip the item to be coated in Plasti Dip® and let dry in the air-no heat required.

https://www.amazon.com/Plasti-Dip-Performix-12219-Clear/dp/B00I9SK8WK/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=clear+plasti+dip&qid=1551318207&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Is this what your talking about? Because it says in the description that it's easily removable. 

13 hours ago, Ryan V said:

https://www.amazon.com/Plasti-Dip-Performix-12219-Clear/dp/B00I9SK8WK/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=clear+plasti+dip&qid=1551318207&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Is this what your talking about? Because it says in the description that it's easily removable. 

Yes that is the stuff and It can be purposely removed from smooth surfaces.

Some people use this to decorate their car rims and painted surfaces and want to be able to remove it at a later date.

For the ice fishing environment It should protect and not crack like epoxy as long as the lure is completely covered.

I have not personally used it for ice fishing but I thought it would work because it's flexible, durable, and has a use range of -30° to 200°F.

I used it for a top coat of Rupert Harvey's fly "Fat Boy Mullet".

Note it is also available in the spray can which is what I used. (Performix 11209 Plasti Dip Clear Multi-Purpose Rubber Coating Aerosol - 11 oz. )

https://www.amazon.com/Performix-11209-Plasti-Dip-Multi-Purpose/dp/B000LNN11G/ref=pd_bxgy_263_2/134-0997761-4850213?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000LNN11G&pd_rd_r=4a38054b-3b6d-11e9-accd-19068f92f127&pd_rd_w=H1IMf&pd_rd_wg=X5L7j&pf_rd_p=6725dbd6-9917-451d-beba-16af7874e407&pf_rd_r=0B3SB5NBZQT0620CQXHD&psc=1&refRID=0B3SB5NBZQT0620CQXHD