spoonpluggergino

Stencils

I am having some problems with the primer not adhesion to the wood after sealing the bait, is there some other preparation after the bait is sealed before applying the primer paint ?

I usually I sand down the bait sealer than I wipe it with a damp cloth ad now I also dry the bait in a electric oven to 90  degrees

I did switch primer paint in the past i used white rust-oleum primer, now I use Zinsser prime which I really like

Any suggestion welcome

Thanks

Gino

Cannot figure out how to submit new topic, so I am replying to my own topic

in the last 4 or 5 days I have been searching for various flat stencil, here are the sites that I have searched

Artool, Aerospace, all over amazon, purchased stuff from Insane stencil, cool stuff

Artool has texture F X and F X 2 that are similar to what I want but not quite the same

I am looking for stencils that looks like Crackels, Lightening, Camouflage, Irregular spots like crappie pattern, branching

Any one that has access to different stencil maker I would definitely look them up to see if I can find what I am looking for

Thank you

Gino

2 hours ago, spoonpluggergino said:

I am having some problems with the primer not adhesion to the wood after sealing the bait, is there some other preparation after the bait is sealed before applying the primer paint ?

I usually I sand down the bait sealer than I wipe it with a damp cloth ad now I also dry the bait in a electric oven to 90  degrees

I did switch primer paint in the past i used white rust-oleum primer, now I use Zinsser prime which I really like

Any suggestion welcome

Thanks

Gino

You have just about named them all. We have a blank supplier thread that is closed. I think it would be a good idea to follow suit with s couple more categories. Maybe the mod's will consider this.

On another note. Way - way- way before pre cut stencils so popular and available, I would make my own. (Dale Sellers tought me this years ago)

Take a sheet of glass like a window Paine - get a wood burner or soldering iron and sharpen the point of the iron - lay paper on the glass and burn/cut your stencil by hand. Resume paper works best as it has a fiber that burns clean. I still make my own stencils this way. 

Regards,

Blades

• Thanks 1

I make mine from frisket material, which is plastic sheeting wth or without an adhesive backing designed explicitly for making stencils for airbrushing.  A roll of frisket costs around $10 and is virtually a lifetime supply using it for crankbaits.

45 minutes ago, BobP said:

I make mine from frisket material, which is plastic sheeting wth or without an adhesive backing designed explicitly for making stencils for airbrushing.  A roll of frisket costs around $10 and is virtually a lifetime supply using it for crankbaits.

hello gino I make flat stencils from plastic sheets I have made a lot of different ones here are some pictures of some lures I painted with stencils   I also have others too.

DSCF0954.JPG

DSCF0068.JPG

DSCF0157.JPG

DSCF0100.JPG

you can use anything for a stencil. I just painted these with a piece of cardboard for the craw. for the gill I used some random pattern ribbon and masking tape for the gill. I took the tape and taped 5 pieces together and cut the pattern out for the stripes. 

Edited by riverotter
wrong pic