B.A.

How long do you wait?

It also depends on which paint and topcoat you use.  I have immediately topcoated lures with epoxy over an acrylic latex (water based) paint, with no problems.  If you paint with solvent based paints, like lacquer or enamel, you want to be sure they have outgassed all their solvent before topcoating.  That may take  several days.  If you use a MCU topcoat, you want to make sure that all moisture has evaporated from an acrylic paint job before application. How long is necessary?  Depends on how thick the paint is and the humidity.

• Like 1

I prime with Rustoleum white primer one day, wait 24 hours for the primer to cure (I hit it several times during that time with my hair dryer to speed the cure),paint and top coat the next with Rustoleum X2 Gloss Clear, and wait 48 hours for the top coat cure before I fish them.  I bring the top coated lures up into the house to cure at room temps, once they stop smelling.

• Like 1