badhatharry

In Line Spinners for Musky

I would like to put together a few of these baits to use on our local Tiger Musky population.  Can anyone steer me to a good source for 3/4 to 1 1/4 oz brass bodies and some painted willow and either French or Indiana blades in # 6-8?  And maybe some dressed trebles in 5/0 to 7/0?  I tried the usual suspects without much luck. Thanks

Thank you both, I think I found everything I need at LPO. One of my goals this year, and actually one of my bucket list items, is to catch a respectable sized Tiger Musky.  Now I just need a "Musky Fishing for Dummies"  book to get me started.

I've fished spiny rays in Washington State for over 60 years but as a sterile strain of TM's were recently stocked into some of our lakes, I know nothing of them.

A couple of 3 footers swirling under my crankbait have peaked my interest however.

Most sterile fish breeds still spawn.. just unsuccessfully... shooting blanks so to speak. Saugeyes, wipers, tiger muskie, etc. develop eggs and go through the motions of spawning but the eggs and sperm are not viable. 

Where do you live? If you live down south, there is a good chance they won't do any spawn ritual if your water does not get cold. Pike spawn at 35-38 deg water temp, muskie at 55-60... I have no clue what a tiger muskie would do or when it would do it. 

But your local fisheries biologist working for your dnr would be able to tell you all the info you need. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you BBK, very interesting info right there.  I live in Western Washington.  Our local waters rarely get below 45 degrees or so.  As far as info from our WDFW goes, if it isn't a salmon or trout, you won't get much help from them.  Tigers were stocked in several of our lakes as a way of controlling certain unwanted or over producing species.  With a 50" minimum size limit, it is strictly a trophy fishery.

• Like 1