cope102

adding wire keeper

51 minutes ago, -fishboy- said:

Heat the mold up, place the wire keeper where to want it in the mold, carefully close the mold so it doesn’t move on you, put it in a vice and crank it down. Easiest and quickest mod you can do to a mold. 

X2  Some say smack it with a hammer.  I don't I say the above.

• Like 2

Fishboy gave you the easiest way to do it. You can also do the thing Jig Man alluded to in putting the keeper in and closing the mold and striking it with a dead blow hammer or rubber mallet. I will say that even cranking the mold closed in a vise you may still need to take a Dremel with an engraving bit and just run it through the indent of the wire keeper. The reason for that is because the mold may still need to be squeezed really tight for the mold to close completely so just barely run the bit through the indent in the mold.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smalljaw said:

Fishboy gave you the easiest way to do it. You can also do the thing Jig Man alluded to in putting the keeper in and closing the mold and striking it with a dead blow hammer or rubber mallet. I will say that even cranking the mold closed in a vise you may still need to take a Dremel with an engraving bit and just run it through the indent of the wire keeper. The reason for that is because the mold may still need to be squeezed really tight for the mold to close completely so just barely run the bit through the indent in the mold.

I suggest a wire a bit larger than the one you plan to use for the keeper.  I know that is better for me than trying to keep the Dremel in a small slot.

• Like 2