nwbass

Sprung Split Rings

15 hours ago, Apdriver said:

NWbass, the best way I have found to keep powder paint off the eye of a hook is to wrap Teflon plumbers tape around the eye, heat the jig and powder paint it. I use a fluid bed mostly. Then remove the Teflon tape BEFORE you heat set the powder paint. It’s a bit tedious because the Teflon is so thin but with a bit of practice you figure out a technique. I like to keep the powder off my bladed jig eyes as Well. I don’t like cleaning the powder off but prefer to keep it off.

I didn't have any teflon tape on hand, but you gave me the idea to use foil. I cut small strips, wrapped it onto the eye and twisted it to tighten. It works pretty great. Thanks again!

Super and I hope you find some split rings that work for you. You may very well have received stainless as stainless is actually less durable just resistant to rust. It’s softer than spring steel.

9 hours ago, Vodkaman said:

A immediate solution that will allow you to use your existing stocks of rings; grind the blades to reduce the edge distance to the hole. Not a popular solution I am sure, but the blade is under no load to speak of, and this operation should not affect function.

Dave

Except the load of the entire bait being ripped through weeds, yanked off of stumps, and the fish fighting.