Andrewraymo

Name of lure

b15j_bft_3.jpg

I agree. It looks like a Bomber Jointed Long A.

The color could be Bengal Firetiger or Mackerel. The Mackerel had thinner squiggly lines and usually had a fin painted on the side above the front hook hanger. The paint schemes did vary a bit through the years.  It looks like the front hanger broke off the lure. I'm guessing the color is Bengal Firetiger and it is really faded. In the pic, there appears to be a little of the yellow still left.

• Like 1

If you have not already started this, I have a suggestion for stripping the old paint off.  Soak some pieces of paper towel in denatured alcohol and then wrap them around the lure.  Then wrap the aluminum foil around the lure to seal in the alcohol and keep it from evaporating.  I did this with some old baits, including Bomber crankbaits and the original paint just fell right off into the paper towels.  On some baits, I had to rewrap with fresh alcohol soaked paper towels because all the paint didn't come off, on the first wrap. This is better and less damaging to the bait then sanding.  Some little bit of sanding might still be necessary, but hopefully not much. Pleased don't soak in acetone - it will destroy plastic baits. Good luck!

• Like 1