pkdmslf

Curing Brass Bodies

After powder coating brass lure bodies I’m having a brainfart as how to mount them in the oven. Multiple bodies with holes through the bodies that require a wire to be able to go throught them and place them in the oven. I’ve mickey moused some alligator clips with holes drilled in them and placing a SS wire (same as used for making inline spinners) between two clips. Pain in the butt. Has anyone found a better solution for this?

Depending how heavy the bodies are, you can use wire. Bend the wire in the shape of an "L" then bend a hook on the top of the "L" in order to hang on a rack. If you want you can slide your body on the wire and then put a small bend on the end to insure it doesn't slide off. I make rooster tail style bodies and I have wire Christmas Tree ornament hangers that I use to hang them on to cure.

• Like 2

Thanks, Smalljaw! That’s a good idea. I cure multiple bodies and different colors at the same time. I have 5 to 8 bodies on a length of SS wire set horizontal between the clips and I do several at a time. Sometimes the bodies stick due to melted paint on the wires but a good tug while holding the wire with pliers breaks them loose. Thanks again, I’ll give it a go.