Just_Wil

Laminate stick bait mold hack

I use the BTS 5" stick bait molds and I wanted a way to do laminates while waiting for an actual laminate block or attempting dual injector w/ blend block.

I needed a more precise way to shoot laminates without trusting my poor hand pouring skills.  I'm a bit of a perfectionist sometimes and I just could not get the results I liked.

Enter Reynold's Pitmaster's Choice heavy duty foil...

I folded and creased the foil to cover one side of the mold and entrance hole and attempted my first laminate shot.

The shot came out great!  The idea worked.  I removed the foil sections, closed up the mold and shot the second color.

DISCO!  We're in business.  Now, I can shoot some laminates while waiting for my laminate block.

Below are some I've done.  The first is one I call Watermelon Slice and the other is the old reliable Red Shad.

Btw, that red/pearl color is a pain.

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2019 at 7:35 PM, Wacky Baits said:

how did you make the two halves to stick permanently, mine keep pulling apart pretty easily, ive tried shooting at 375 for the other side and they still can be pulled appart

I can pull my hand pour/injector laminates apart if I really try, but I've never had them come apart when I've fished them.