Willie Rip

The River Explorer | S2-E1 | The Meal

22 hours ago, Willie Rip said:

Thx! A second camera would be nice, especially to get wildlife shots. at the moment it would be very difficult to work two cameras. Almost need a second boat with a camera man in it.

Most youtube anglers opt for the GoPro chest rig for outward shots. However, I can see you have a different shooting style rather than that blogging/selfy style. It probably wouldn't work so well when sitting down either. But you could get that perspective using technology.

As a software and hardware developer, I can't help but ponder over wirelessly controlled pan/tilt ideas for a small camera like a GoPro. I'm not sure what camera you currently use. But it would essentially be a 12v motorized camera mounted on a box. The housing box clamps onto a pole, which clamps onto the back of your boat and you'd control it with a remote.

As a tackle maker, I would consider making and shipping you the box that clamps onto a pole in turn for advertising of my tackle shop. It would quite an undertaking, but nothing I'm confused about or haven't done before. If that is something of interest to you, contact me at dev@mg.ritchietackle.com

I use a Panasonic GH4, and it is rigged basically like a cinema camera. So it's huge and heavy. I also use vintage Canon FD lenses. I want these to be like mini documentary films. There are plenty of people doing watch-me-go- fishing videos. Part of me wants to show what's possible instead of just a vlog-type video.

I really hate GoPro and other action cameras to tell you the truth. I can never get the look I want because everything is preset. No log or cinema-like picture profiles so that I can color grade in post production to make it look exactly like I want.

I'm trying to achieve much of that old school 16mm film look. What I would want in a second camera is something I could use on a monopod, but you do give me an idea for getting more shots. While it's slow just get more shots. Throw on the 135mm lens and get some wildlife

7 hours ago, Willie Rip said:

I use a Panasonic GH4, and it is rigged basically like a cinema camera. So it's huge and heavy. I also use vintage Canon FD lenses. I want these to be like mini documentary films. There are plenty of people doing watch-me-go- fishing videos. Part of me wants to show what's possible instead of just a vlog-type video.

I really hate GoPro and other action cameras to tell you the truth. I can never get the look I want because everything is preset. No log or cinema-like picture profiles so that I can color grade in post production to make it look exactly like I want.

I'm trying to achieve much of that old school 16mm film look. What I would want in a second camera is something I could use on a monopod, but you do give me an idea for getting more shots. While it's slow just get more shots. Throw on the 135mm lens and get some wildlife

I think that would go a long way. That whole nature bit from 0:16 - 0:30 was beautiful with the music and focus work. I'm looking forward to the next episode! You nailed the interview parts btw.