bassmaster0726

Best airbrush paint

what would you say is the best airbrush paint. I have used createx, Golden, and com art water based. What would you say is the best water based airbrush paint or is a lacquer based paint better. I am a decent painter and have been painting for a few years but I just feel like there is something better out there. I’m talking atomization wise and no splatter and smooth transitions from colors on baits.

I just switched from Wicked to Createx Illustration paint. It goes through airbrush without thinning and 

dries quickly. The colors are amazing. I painted this yesterday and dipped in KBS after only an hour drying

time. This is all illustration colors on this lure. Even base coat.DSC_8679.thumb.JPG.4e38975360ec08b48b52f1347616298c.JPG

• Like 2

Even though Folk Art suggests against using their color shift paint in an airbrush, I have been really liking it on my baits. It shoots great through my .5mm airbrush's once thinned about 100% with just water...  Creamy and smooth flowing... I have been asking for them to make more colors like white, silver, etc.. 

1534030400_zps1u6ctqzo.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 4:41 PM, Cliffs Lures said:

I just switched from Wicked to Createx Illustration paint.

Hi, I just found in one online shop Createx paint, but there are some differences between them. There are: transparent, roof, pearl, fluorescent and chameleon-flowing colors. Which one do you recommend? What color shades are must have for beginners?

Use opaque for base coats. Use pearls for under coat for effects, Use transparent over pearls or opaque 

or for fine details like scales. Colors are really for the user to pick. just get what colors you think you need for the

lure you want to paint. Green, white, yellow,  red,  and black would be a start. Just buy a few colors at a time to

see what you like. You will have more paint than you need in a few months. 

• Like 1

Musky/ northern pike/walleye or large mouth bass. Anything big enough to take it i suppose. Its a surface glide bait 7 and 3/4 inches long just under 7 oz. 5 coats of industrial strength 2 part epoxy not etex. 308 L stainless steel through wire good for salt water application. Hand made hand poured hand painted eyes. Split rings rated to 60 pounds and the trebles rated to 80. So by chance it gets really snagged good split ring should stretch and realease the bait if sufficant line in being used.

• Thanks 1