• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pro-v

• TU Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 12:31 PM

Hi everyone
Im trying to get on the E-tex program and I bought the Envirotx Light in the 32 oz. size ..

I also built a drying box using my Weber grill rotiserie motor, my wifes real happy about this.....NOT!!!

Everything worked great..I liked how the E-tex mixed and went on..and it is drying well...

Later that night I checked out the E-tex web site (http://www.eti-usa.com/) to see what other products they had, and to my suprise I found out there were three types of E-tex to choose from....

Thats a bummer because I've got a feeling the one I used on 4 cranks last night is not the right one... Waterproof ??

Which type do you guys use ??? E-tex light.....E-tex Crystal Sheen...or E-Tex Ultra-Glow....

If anyone uses the E-Tex Light do you find it holds up ok????

Thanks Craig

#2 Lure--Prof

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
Posted 31 October 2004 - 01:00 PM

You're in good shape there Craig, with E-tex Lite. Only if you drive a stake through your lure's heart will it no longer be waterproof. It is one of the most popular coatings on this site.

#3 out2llunge

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 02:52 PM

I use E.L. on my muskie baits and it holds up well. Eventually I think most coatings will fail especially with the abuse I put them through - banging rocks, zebra mussels, high speeds, sharp muskie teeth, etc.

If you're using the product properly you shouldn't have any troubles.

#4 Richoc

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 01:09 AM

You got the right stuff.

Been using for ever.

#5 ckarren

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 10:01 AM

Welcome aboard Craig. Yes that is the stuff you wont!