Jonah

what plastic do you use?

On 4/27/2019 at 7:46 PM, wallyc14 said:

I use:

M n F super soft (one of the best) 

lurrcraft (also good )

Calhouns(good and inexpensive)

dead on ( inexpensive and can take multiple reheats)

Each one has the own pro’s and con’s . It’s all in what your looking for.

Missing a few of the  bigger ones below:

Baitplastics.com

ispikeit.com

store.do-itmolds.com

• Like 1

So far I'm pleased with polysol.  I accidentally had a batch get to almost 400 (on my ir thermometer) and it didn't yellow.  I also like that is seems to have a dry finish, as opposed to MF whick seems to get a little oily after a while.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bryanmc said:

So far I'm pleased with polysol.  I accidentally had a batch get to almost 400 (on my ir thermometer) and it didn't yellow.  I also like that is seems to have a dry finish, as opposed to MF whick seems to get a little oily after a while.

awesome !

• Like 1

Do you guys think the appendages of baits made with baitplastics medium are stretchier then they were  when using medium in other brands. I have used lureworks & baitjunkys( calhouns) & they were definitely tougher with it. At first i didn't think i was going to like it, but baitplastics is growing on me since it seems to take heat very good & the colors of the baits seems to be more clear & shiny & show the glitter better using the same identical recipies. I may try some medium hard next time i shoot & see how it compares to medium in the other two. I will say though that i was completely happy with both baitjunkys & lureworks. 

Edited by Les Young
  • Like 1

I just started using Dead On last night.  It was, well, different.  I ordered the swim bait blend mostly because those are the only molds I own so far.  It was somewhat tackier and took longer to firm up than the Do-It and MF plastic that I've tried.  I guess I'm not used to it being more difficult to clean the drippings off of the desk and clean out the injectors.  It did cure overnight and seems to be softer than the previous two (which I do like).  It also seemed to have much less smell and did not yellow after repeated heatings.  Given the last few comments, I'll take a look at the Bait Plastics.  Any specific comments on Bait Plastics would be appreciated.

Joe

The only things i'm seeing for myself that doesn't exactly suit me with the baitplastics plastisol is that it seems stretchier & softer in the same medium grade than the other 2 i've used.  I think medium hard or even hard would cure that problem.  I also think it is tackier when i first demold than the other 2 by far. It does cure good & clear for transparent colors & also lets the glitter show pretty easily for colors that aren't extremely transparent/  It's like anything else in that it has it's goods & bads. I like it, but am not yet completely satisfied with it so i don't know which brand i'll go with when i use it up. I may be to picky i don't know, but i do like lureworks an awful lot too.

Edited by Les Young
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2019 at 2:47 PM, joe406 said:

I just started using Dead On last night.  It was, well, different.  I ordered the swim bait blend mostly because those are the only molds I own so far.  It was somewhat tackier and took longer to firm up than the Do-It and MF plastic that I've tried.  I guess I'm not used to it being more difficult to clean the drippings off of the desk and clean out the injectors.  It did cure overnight and seems to be softer than the previous two (which I do like).  It also seemed to have much less smell and did not yellow after repeated heatings.  Given the last few comments, I'll take a look at the Bait Plastics.  Any specific comments on Bait Plastics would be appreciated.

Joe

I think they are both polysyllabic.  Just different brand names and maybe blends.

2 hours ago, Walking Dead said:

I think they are both polysyllabic.  Just different brand names and maybe blends.

What do you mean by polysyllabic?  Is that both polysol?  I see, my auto correct tried to do the same to me!  Thanks,

Joe

• Haha 1

On 6/12/2019 at 12:55 PM, mark poulson said:

I just finished a gallon of Bait Plastics' medium, which I found to be too soft for my baits, and ordered a gallon of their med/saltwater, hoping it will be more like the Baitjunkys med. I used to use.

Adding softener is much easier than adding hardener.

Mark, that's exactly how i feel. I mixed some medium & hard 50-50 lastnight to see how it cures, Hopefully it does better.

• Like 1

That's amazing, As there soft was like medium. I know they have worked on a few things recently, But i don't think any of it has came to market yet. If you really like the dead on plastic, Try out chemionics. I have samples of both. If i was a betting man, its from the same batch..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Baitjunkys said:

That's amazing, As there soft was like medium. I know they have worked on a few things recently, But i don't think any of it has came to market yet. If you really like the dead on plastic, Try out chemionics. I have samples of both. If i was a betting man, its from the same batch..

I haven't heard of this.  How do you like it and how does it compare to the others?

Joe