AK47

Self-made Heat Exchanger

Hi Guys!
I'd like to upgrade my old injection machine.
Anybody can help me with a design of heat exchangers? 
I have never seen it live, just on photo or video. I attach a picture, as I guess, how does it works. Who can tell me, is my vision right?
I'll be very appreciate for any opinions and advices!
Best regards,
Alex

heat exchager.jpg

I doubt you're going to get anyone to give you the design for a heat exchanger as 99.9% of the time the design and layout is proprietary. Only thing I can tell you is your design there is way off from what I have seen in several heat exchangers. As the ones I have seen are not my design or layout I don't see it right to post it unfortunately. Will that work??? I don't know and you won't know unless you try. 

10 hours ago, DaveMc1 said:

I doubt you're going to get anyone to give you the design for a heat exchanger as 99.9% of the time the design and layout is proprietary. Only thing I can tell you is your design there is way off from what I have seen in several heat exchangers. As the ones I have seen are not my design or layout I don't see it right to post it unfortunately. Will that work??? I don't know and you won't know unless you try. 

Hi Dave! Thank you so much for your opinion! I understand you. I have another design of heat exchanger, could you just tell me - is this design closer to the true? Please, write me in PM.

heat exchager2.jpg

Thank you so much for your opinions, guys!!

17 hours ago, Baitjunkys said:

If you want to use a bent tube like so, sandwich in between the plates. Heat the plates not the tube.

Do you mean, no need to use oil or another liquid as an intermediate between heaters and plastisol?

17 hours ago, Baitjunkys said:

How big of molds are you shooting? Your design will yield for very little capacity.

Approx 40-50 cavities 2"-4" grubs, shads and craws, total weight of 1 shoot is about 250-350 gramm.

14 hours ago, Travis said:

Peltier cooler......  

Do you mean something like this one:

maxresdefault.jpg

Keep several things in mind. First i would not build anything smaller then 1.5 pound capacity. Second, the bigger the tubes, passages etc, the longer it will take to heat, and your plastic will just core right thru the center and reduce your capacity dramatically. Anything with square corners is gonna catch glitter etc.  Yes I mean don't use any carrier, sandwich the tubes in some aluminum, and heat the aluminum block. Thats about all i am willing to share. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Baitjunkys said:

Keep several things in mind. First i would not build anything smaller then 1.5 pound capacity. Second, the bigger the tubes, passages etc, the longer it will take to heat, and your plastic will just core right thru the center and reduce your capacity dramatically. Anything with square corners is gonna catch glitter etc.  Yes I mean don't use any carrier, sandwich the tubes in some aluminum, and heat the aluminum block. Thats about all i am willing to share. 

Thank you very much!!

But in this case I guess I can face such problem:
If I will heat aluminium block by a few heaters, the temperature in different places of this block can be different and my plastisol can stay raw in one place (far from heaters), same time can burn in other place (closer to heaters). How do you think, is it possible or it's just my fears?