Homemade lathe duplicator

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Brad

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 11:15 AM

Has anyone ever made their own lathe duplicator? I've seen one or two on a different site, but thought I would find more. I'm looking for ideas. Thanks.

#2 Jann

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 03:00 AM

Haven?t bought one yet so I?d be interested in what you have found... Any links?

Rgds, Jann

#3 Brad

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 06:57 AM

Here's what I've found so far... http://www.striperso...L/001928-2.html with different links from that one. I might give it a try after deer hunting season, so in about 4 weeks.

#4 out2llunge

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 08:24 AM

That's some awesome info at that link. There's a few of baits that I'd like to automate. It sure beats measuring each one each time. Now if I can only make the time to make the jig.

#5 gary2

• TU Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 05:27 PM

I am on that site a lot.I have a homemade duplicator similar in principle like the one shown,but use a router for the cutting.It works great,just have to use caution ,the same as all your power tools.Ther was a post on SOL that had a picture of my duplicator.

#6 Lincoya

TU Swap Moderator

• Forum Moderator
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:48 AM

Thanks for the link. It looks pretty straight forward and relatively easy to make. Now that my Christmas projects are done this might be something for me put together.

#7 Steel Pulse

Steel Pulse

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:12 AM

I am a machinist and am making a duplicator like the one at the web site stripers on line above. When I am done I will post some photos. Mine will be made out of aluminum. I have already made the plate and the tool holder. I am now working on the patterns. It should simplfy the process. P.M.