Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brad

Homemade lathe duplicator

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever made their own lathe duplicator? I've seen one or two on a different site, but thought I would find more. I'm looking for ideas. Thanks.

That's some awesome info at that link. There's a few of baits that I'd like to automate. It sure beats measuring each one each time. Now if I can only make the time to make the jig.

I am on that site a lot.I have a homemade duplicator similar in principle like the one shown,but use a router for the cutting.It works great,just have to use caution ,the same as all your power tools.Ther was a post on SOL that had a picture of my duplicator.

gary2

BS,

Thanks for the link. It looks pretty straight forward and relatively easy to make. Now that my Christmas projects are done this might be something for me put together.

Gene

I am a machinist and am making a duplicator like the one at the web site stripers on line above. When I am done I will post some photos. Mine will be made out of aluminum. I have already made the plate and the tool holder. I am now working on the patterns. It should simplfy the process. P.M.