Tj_Ryan18

Alternatives paints other than Createx

Hey everyone, I’m beginning to paint baits for myself and a handful of friends. Has anyone know any other types of paints to use for airbrushing cranks besides Createx. The only place I can find Createx is 30 mins away and was just wondering if there were more options that I wouldn’t have to order! 

Createx is the most stocked and sold airbrush paint and finding a substitute paint locally is just a crap shoot you’ll have to explore for yourself.  I order all my paint online because the color choices are virtually infinite.  I don’t care about brand loyalty and use 5-6 brands including taxidermy paints.

• Like 1

Wallmart sells a few Folkart colors that work. Most of them have pigment sizes that are too large for an airbrush (in my opinion). But I have found that the color shifting Folkart colors (red, violet, and green) spray very well. I have to agree with the other posters. Ordering online opens up a world of options. Dick Blick, Jerry's Artorama, some airbrush suppliers - all are good options. 

• Like 1