Terrydabassman

Wire Through

Very interesting Terry. I wonder how stable or how much flex the line-tie will have? Have you tried it in a lure yet? The only point of reference on the strength over a period of time I can think of is this: About 20 years ago there was a very popular spinnerbait in KY called a Limberneck that featured a flexible arm like this from the line-tie to the blade. Eventually that arm would break from fatigue at the line-tie crimp. I don't know how comparable this would be to your line-tie's point of contact to the lure. Best case scenario would be that it lasts a couple of lifetimes, doesn't negatively affect action, and never needs tuning! Good luck with this!

Or am I cross-eyed and you're just using crimps on standard wire???

:?

Dean

I have never done it that way. I don't see why not. Give it a try. Let us know how it works.

Dean,

I use to be sponsored by Brothers and used the limberneck allot. I especially liked their Buzzard buzz baits. The only problem with the spinnerbaits is that they were a little light. They didn't like my advice on them. But you could really slow roll one of those things. If you go to Bullfrog Creek tackle shop in Louisville, someone is making them again. They are allot cheaper too. One day I went by the company to meet with them and there was a lock on the door. I never found out what happened to them. I still have some of those baits. I think I even have a Buzzard patch around here somewhere.

Skeeter