NoMi baits

Resin:micro balloon ratios?

Personally I use the same resin micro balloon ratio(would have to check my notes) I use for my floaters and just increase my ballast pure resin layer till I get what I am looking for

way too many factors with hook/hardware and lure shape to give you a ratio that would work without trial and error 

I don’t doubt the knowledge here and there are those with way more experience then me but you might be stuck experimenting 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Experimenting is the only way that I know. The shape of the lure and the hook and hardware will change everything. I can tell you that when you think you got it will change by the temp. of the water. I gave up trying to get it right and settled for a slow sinker which took a few to get want I wanted.  Good Luck.

Wayne

• Thanks 1

If you have a blank body and a fully assembled body with all hardware attached, and a gram scale, then it is possible to calculate the weight of micro-balloons required to add to the resin mix in order to achieve neutral density.

a gram scale with 0.01g increment would be nice, but 0.1g would definitely get you close.

The solution is complicated and so I have written a spreadsheet to make it simple. You will need to read up the post on Archimedes dunk test but it is really not difficult, as others who have tried it will tell you.

If you or anyone would like to try the spreadsheet then PM me your email address and I will send it.

Dave

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/15/2019 at 9:43 AM, Vodkaman said:

If you have a blank body and a fully assembled body with all hardware attached, and a gram scale, then it is possible to calculate the weight of micro-balloons required to add to the resin mix in order to achieve neutral density.

a gram scale with 0.01g increment would be nice, but 0.1g would definitely get you close.

The solution is complicated and so I have written a spreadsheet to make it simple. You will need to read up the post on Archimedes dunk test but it is really not difficult, as others who have tried it will tell you.

If you or anyone would like to try the spreadsheet then PM me your email address and I will send it.

Dave

Used your spreadsheet today on some flat sided crank baits, got one that sinks fast, one that just barely flutters down, and one that floats! Thank you so much for the sheet and it really is easy to use!

jake