Reclusive

Troubles casting 2 piece Mold- hollow body hard bait

I using alumilite amazing casting resin white. 10mL equal parts with a scoop and a half of micro balloons in side A and side B.  The problem I am having is my resin curing on the one half of my Mold. I noticed while I am mixing the micro balloons in my part B, the liquid is significantly heavier than the micro balloons. So much that there seems to be 1/8” of liquid in the bottom of my mixing cup that won’t bind with the micro balloons. Once I have it mixed with part a and poured in my mould I always find that the last half that I poured tends to have a soft spot, or on my last pour a pocket of liquid that extends the length of my lure . I cut new vents in my Mold, I mixed my resin longer, I’ve added more micro balloons and I’ve also reduced my micro balloons. I’m out of ideas and it’s getting to me.   Please help!

I suspect that you are scraping the sides of the cup when making the final pour. This is bad practice as you pick up unmixed resin. It is better to mix a little extra so that you do not have to scrape.

I do understand your problems with only 2.5 minutes for mixing. I prefer a longer cure resin and mix the MBs in after mixing parts A & B. But not possible with such a short time.

Dave

• Like 1

I use the same resin, i pour part A and part B in a cup, add microballons, mix for approx 30 seconds or so and that will leave you about a minute and a half to pour which should be plenty of time. I poured several .40 oz part A, .40 part B, and 2 scoops of MB, they turned out really well, no soft spots using that method