Gorris

Need help of type of plastic to use

Hey every! I'm new here. Tried to pour baits a few years ago and it didn't go very well. Got a couple batches of senkos using the Do-it kit. Well I'm going to try again and was wondering what plastic I should use? I will be making creature baits (Pitboss knock off) and will only be doing one cavity at a time. I think the single cavity will make it easier on me and also cut down on the problems I had. The senko mold was a 5 cavity and I got a lot of air bubbles in the baits or the plastic would cool before the final cavities were filled. So  out of single pour I might get 1-2 baits out of the 5 cavities. Thanks for the help. 

I've been using MF super soft for 20 years for hand POUR and last 8 years injection.

However I've been testing some Dead on Plastic Floating worm and finesse PLASTIC , pretty nice stuff. It has more good quality's then Mf.  IMO  Purchase a sample pack. You won't be disappointed. 

• Thanks 1

Either that was your problem or the mold  you had trouble with needed more venting. Injection molds are super easy to use, but they're not all perfect either. You  very well could have had a bad mold. I wouldn't let that stop me whatsoever if i wanted to buy multi cavity molds when so many here are willing to help you get started out the right way. .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Les Young said:

Either that was your problem or the mold  you had trouble with needed more venting. Injection molds are super easy to use, but they're not all perfect either. You  very well could have had a bad mold. I wouldn't let that stop me whatsoever if i wanted to buy multi cavity molds when so many here are willing to help you get started out the right way. .

I will try it again. Watched a bunch of videos and it looked easy enough. Will have to try it again and make sure I'm not getting air in there. 

For a sinking stick worm I like the MF Soft Sinking.  It doesn't require quite as much salt as the Super Soft which is slightly buoyant.  

I feel like the MF-Soft Sinking with 0.25:1 salt gives me the same fall rate as .33:1 Super Soft and is a slightly more durable bait with close to the same flexibility since it has less salt to stiffen it up.  

The thing is everybody has a different feel for it.  Ultimately you may just need to try some things.  I can only tell you what I like.  I can't tell you what you will like.  

• Like 1