Tj_Ryan18

Dip Epoxies or Epoxy w/o a lure turner

I understand this topic has been covered ,but haven’t seen a definite answer. I have to produce a lot of baits in a short amount of time and don’t have the time to make a lure turner large enough to finish a large number of baits. What are some good epoxies I can use without having to use a lure turner!!

I don’t know of any epoxy that you can use without a lure turner for a large number of baits.  What I suggest is that you consider using KBS moisture cured urethane.  You can dip lures in it and simply hang them to have the excess drip off the tails and dry/cure.

• Like 1

First how big is the lure? If it is small under 6" go with KBS and just drip the lure. Dipping a epoxy is too much waste. No need for a lure turner on small baits, but musky type of bait you need a lure turner with epoxy. You can dip large musky type of baits in a UV set up and they are done in a few minutes. You need a black light set up for that.

Wayne

• Like 1

I always simply hang BSI 30 minute with ZERO issues as long as I don't put an overly thick coat on. Devcon, no, that crap has to always be turned, ends up brittle and yellows way to quick as well. The bigger problem there is speed if you have to do a large number of baits. mixing enough for 2 or three, brushing it on and then mixing again for the next couple could take forever. Something you can dip would speed up the process. KBS is one option, I've never used it because I don't want to deal with the smell or storage issues, acrylic based concrete sealer is another, uv cured epoxy is one I've wanted to try but AlumiUV has been out of stock for a while due to issues with one of their suppliers.