Rpc

Best saltwater plastisol

I’m pouring my own musky baits. I’ve been using Alumisol and am fairly pleased with the result I get. I wouldn’t mind if it was a touch harder and it’s a little inconsistent  but the main problem is I can’t order it in bulk so I’m looking to switch. The dead on Plastix look nice but I don’t like that their saltwater brand sinks. I like that the alimisol floats so once I weight it for the keel I still have nice hangtime. Looking for a plastisol that is tough enough but still floats. Anyone have a good blend recommendation. Also not interested in using additives, I wanna find something I can use outta the container.

Probably depends on which type of bait. I’m doing pullbaits so they can be pretty firm. Swimbaits start to suck if u get them too stiff. At least that’s what I’ve noticed. I ordered lure raft hybrid between saltwater and regular, it was wayyyy to soft. Not even close to the hardness of the regular alumisol. I just called alimisol and got them to send me more in bulk, rather than burn money experimenting.

The type of rig seems to make a difference we have come to like the do-it ES 6" shad with a screw nose and external wire rig  regular alumisol actually lasts pretty good 10 is fish or better,  but it is pretty chewed up, but anything with an internal rigging can be done in one if you are unlucky.