Tj_Ryan18

Epoxy Imperfections

If applied evenly and not missing spots there are typically two options.

1)  It is pulling way from the paint because of something keeping it from adhering properly.   Oils from your fingers can transfer if you handle the baits for example.   Also some that thin with products such as windex have had issues at times as they include some sort of "soap".

2) If you don't seal your bait properly and the lure heats up you can have bubbles from cross cut grain make their way to the surface.   Much more common if you use light bulb or similar to heat the lure.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 6:07 PM, Travis said:

If applied evenly and not missing spots there are typically two options.

1)  It is pulling way from the paint because of something keeping it from adhering properly.   Oils from your fingers can transfer if you handle the baits for example.   Also some that thin with products such as windex have had issues at times as they include some sort of "soap".

2) If you don't seal your bait properly and the lure heats up you can have bubbles from cross cut grain make their way to the surface.   Much more common if you use light bulb or similar to heat the lure.

There is, maybe, a third. On a bait with heavy molded in detail like scales, it is possible air could be getting trapped in the grooves in the plastic, and when they release they leave a small unfinished pocket. I was having a problem with some 2.5 square bills looking great while wet and then ending up with a small void or 2 in the finish. I started hitting the baits with a little heat and sice doing that I've not had an issue. the heat releases any bubbles or air pockets.