aulrich

How compatible are softeners and heat stabilizers between brands

So I have been having trouble getting plastisol from my usual supplier has had trouble getting plastic across the border (the standard Canadian problem) and to get me  over the hump I have to break down and get do-it plastic  I have plenty of heat stabilizer and softener but it is the alumilite version can I get away with mixing and matching brands.

22 hours ago, aulrich said:

So I have been having trouble getting plastisol from my usual supplier has had trouble getting plastic across the border (the standard Canadian problem)

Funny, I'll bring in 8-12 drums at a time several times a year and have never had an issue getting plastic across the border. Might want to find out what the actual problem is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveMc1 said:

Funny, I'll bring in 8-12 drums at a time several times a year and have never had an issue getting plastic across the border. Might want to find out what the actual problem is. 

In that volume the shipping cost/gallon is minimal. and there would not be a problem, at personal use level  the shipping nearly doubles the cost of the resin . In general for personal use tagging onto the store order up until this order had worked great this one has just gone sideways. (the fist attempt there was some sort of  new regulatory chemical ban so the whole shipment was turned back, the next was no french labels).

A son of mine has dreams of during semi-pro :)  so eventually we will need to figure out how to get  larger volumes.  Right now we are in learning / development mode so we just need reliable and not too expensive.  

• Like 1