aulrich

A Bob Ross moment and a question about microwaves

So the new Dual injector showed up and yes it had to be tried.  I though I only had one  mold that would do a laminate correctly, but since the ES 6" paddletail is one of our favorites we had to try. The initial guess was that since the plastic has to turn a corner we though the best we would get is swirl, needless to say we were surprised when we cracked the mold. There is still work to do on the color , the goal was baby walleye  this iteration is probably a half decent baby bass :) 

The other thing is my 25 year old microwave  just does not have the juice for 2 cups of plastic , so it needs to be replaced, what sort of wattage should I be looking for.

QNUC2509.JPG

• Like 1

Just a dual injector, the mold is just one cavity, the bait is horizontal at a right angle to the sprue and belly up..

When we shot it  the blending block was parallel with the bait with the dark color to the outside of the sprue. 

Here is a picture of the mold just for reference.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiB49qA54fjAhVIwcQHHTNxDegQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F96021-New-Do-It-Essential-Series-6-Paddle-Tail-Soft-Plastic-Injection-Mold-%2F112603177963&psig=AOvVaw0VykdLDFdbZ3kc2diwNNBm&ust=1561661060709803

The shape itself is absolute pike candy.