ddl

best white water based paint for covering?

hey fellow lure makers

what brand did you suggest me to cover quick and easy ? i was going to use createx opaque white but it was as thick as pasta dental and it was new, i have no ides what happened ,first time that i see that.i don't even know if it's a good one or not. for now the only white that ive used is aztek ,and it look like it took forever to make opaque finish

tks

Edited by ddl

I have used the createx a lot just thin it some and good to go.  You want the highest solid loading that you can spray essentially.

I have also dipped baits in Zinnser primer, let drip then rotate, much thicker coat and can hide sloppy finish work on a bait.   

• Like 1

ive got 2 lil can of these but my lure are too long to dip. i'll try to find something like tennis ball container or something  like that. that's what ive tried it was full of big particle that didn't dissolved whit the 4012. is that the opaque white that you talking about ?

Yes opaque white createx and thinned with 4012 and at time just water.   The opaque lines are made to be used with a larger needle.  I spray with an Iwata Eclipse SBS Autographics model.  It has a 0.35 mm needle.   Overall a very versatile brush.     If your paint is old or may have packed you may need to strain in to remove larger stuff or get a sonicator to make sure you have even particle size.  Typically the only paints I have need to strain were budget craft paints and typically just passed it through pantyhose 

I also typically seal first with shellac so the undercoat builds a lot quicker.

Edited by Travis
  • Like 1

I use the Polytranspar Superhide White.  It has lots of pigment, shoots well through a .030 tip, and dries very quickly to a hard smooth surface that is somewhat tougher than your typical acrylic latex paint.  If you plan to dip lures, you don’t need an airbrush paint though.

• Like 1

was kind of funny because when you don't know anything you act like you know everything ,when i was kid i was looking at his show and was telling to myself can he stfu about his titanium white . white is white lol but i was dead wrong. it could do a huge difference . I've got a titanium golden fluid and that white is pop way more than the other white . i would almost call that fluorescent white . it'S really nice ,i guess that'S why ross was always using it . now i hope you know ross

Edited by ddl