ddl

using high quality acrylic tube for airbrush ?

You can try.  It all comes down to pigment size.  Airbrush paints are manufactured to have very fine pigment for ease in spraying.  I would thin with 4012.   If it clogs your brush you can try straining any larger particle and with pantyhose or coffee filter, etc...  I had some cheap hobby paint and manged to strain it. 

Really boils down to how much time do you want to spend when their are already products out there.

• Thanks 1

ty travis

it's just that i feel that if i want cool effect im kind of stuck  whit createx and golden. about golden it,s kind of stupid because some of their best effect are not suited for ab. interference is something really awesome , but it'S not for ab. if only i could find urethane paint at good price .

cheers

Are you looking for color change paint or interference, as you mention both. Not sure what’s wrong with Createx or Golden?  Many airbrush paints offer interference colors, including taxidermy airbrush paints, and even acrylic inks. For color change you could try the FolkArt craft paints, I’ve read here that folks like them thinned with a .5 airbrush tip. Another option would be buying the powder and adding to your clear. A limiting factor on any would be your airbrush tip size. Most would likely not work well with a .2 or .18 tip.

all the effect . i guess water based paint can't get the same effect quality than the urethane could get.there is nothing wrong whit them but they got lil choice and like i said it is a lot more subtle than let's saw house of kolors .  there is a lot of choice at spraygunner but unfortunately it is impossible to get solvent based paint via air.  and i cannot see a single review for any of these . ty

btw you were a nice lil bb.judging  by the picture style it must be a bb from early 70s im i right ?

Several acrylics available. Green Stuff World has a Chameleon line (have not tried it).  But not too expensive through amazon.  Folk Art has a line of metallic color changing.   I have overall had good results with folk art once thinned.  I never thinned much without either water or 4012 but tried Windex one time and had Folk Art metallic (some) gum up.  

I have used Jacquard powder pigments mixed in paints or clear also with no issues.   

https://www.amazon.com/Jacquard-Pearl-Powder-Pigments-32-Color/dp/B000BGSZFU

You can also find various powders on ebay or online used for automotive that have fine pigments for airbrushing.

Haven't tried any but the candy line by Createx Air has some interesting colors.  Had some last week while at Hobby Lobby but put it back since didn't have the coupon.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 3:38 PM, Travis said:

Several acrylics available. Green Stuff World has a Chameleon line (have not tried it).  But not too expensive through amazon.  Folk Art has a line of metallic color changing.   I have overall had good results with folk art once thinned.  I never thinned much without either water or 4012 but tried Windex one time and had Folk Art metallic (some) gum up.  

I have used Jacquard powder pigments mixed in paints or clear also with no issues.   

https://www.amazon.com/Jacquard-Pearl-Powder-Pigments-32-Color/dp/B000BGSZFU

You can also find various powders on ebay or online used for automotive that have fine pigments for airbrushing.

Haven't tried any but the candy line by Createx Air has some interesting colors.  Had some last week while at Hobby Lobby but put it back since didn't have the coupon.

If you had your phone, you had the coupon. I always use the coupon off my phone and never print it.

I use it in my airbrush (can't remember the model - It's an Iwata brand).

I thin it with acetone and shoot 25psi-30psi

I don't know how to post a video (the color shift obviously is easier to see with a video), so I tool a screen shot of the video and added.

This particular bait had a green / purple / teal shifting color and a  light layer of the holographic on top.Capture.JPG.815b248cd7bf6c254f64154945ce2d0d.JPG

• Like 1

mate it already look really cool enough . so you removed all the air out of your spray can and you thin it whit your acetone till it'S like milk i guess ? thanks a lot from what ive seen it is  exactly what im looking for . but the damn joke will be to order that brand to canada. when it'S solvent it cannot be shipped via airplane . and ive not seen any canadian shop whit that brand . ty

ah ok i just find that there is some spray can and some regular bottle .i guess you use the regular bottle . ty very much .ive made post in the past asking for some review about that brand. ive got no luck lol now ive got luck .ty look your pm