Skidder419

Pre-heating molds worth the time?

Thoughts on preheating molds? Other than dead summer it can be pretty cold here I was thinking of using a toaster oven next to my microwave to help keep the molds around 100 degrees or so pre-pour. My garage is somewhat heated but with the door open and fans going it will have a hard time getting to 60 out there.

It depends on how many molds you are shooting at a time. When I shoot during the winter I use 6 molds so after the first 2 rounds, my molds stay warm enough I don't usually have a problem. If you are doing open pour, it may be beneficial to keep them heated as open molds cool faster than injection molds. 

I have one of the pancake grill  it is about 12"x 16" i use it to heat injectors, set pyrex cups on, heat jig heads to paint, heat blending block, and if u want to heat molds it will do that, I don't heat molds as it takes too long for it to cool before u can open the mold but maybe u can just knock the chill off for like a min or so.Cub48

• Like 1